Thursday, February 2, 2017

Desiring COMFORT and PEACE!

"I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me. I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever."
 ~Psalm 16:7-8 & 11


In this psalm of David's there is so much COMFORT and PEACE expressed in his words. 

WHY?

Because David's guidance comes from the Lord - His Word - and by sealing God's Word in his heart even at night God is able to guide him, his thoughts, and his dreams.


But that's not the only reason for his comfort and peace. David's heart, soul, and mind are at peace because God is always with him. And because He is right beside David he does not have to fear any evil that would come before him because the Lord is mighty to save and powerful enough to thwart any attack of the enemy.

And finally David is able to experience the comfort and peace that God so desires for all of our lives still today because God shows him the way of life - true life - the God-breathed life! And as David moves within that place he experiences the JOY of God's presence and the pleasures of living within the will of God.

So, how about you?

Can you say the same?

Does your heart express the same perspectives that echo from the life of David?

Well, if they do - congrats there is no better place and nothing more worthwhile than what you are experiencing through that kind of relationship with Christ. But if you are not the only question I guess is "WHY NOT?"


That life is offered to each and everyone of us today and always. God stands at the door of our lives and knocks and it is up to us to open the door and to invite Him into our lives!


Desiring the same comfort and peace for my life and yours,

Rev Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dealing with Discouragement

Over the past few weeks I’ve been engaging a process during these COVID times that I had honestly been avoiding like the plague (sorry for ...