Friday, June 1, 2012

God works through our circumstances!


“But Joseph replied, “Don’t be afraid of me. Am I God, that I can punish you? 20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people. 21 No, don’t be afraid. I will continue to take care of you and your children.” So he reassured them by speaking kindly to them.” ~Genesis 50:19-21 NLT


This morning I was reading this in my time in the Word. It is one of the most famous pieces of scripture. The story of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat has introduced people to this timeless story from the initial book of the Bible.

The thing that struck me this morning as I re-read this story on my journey through the Old Testament is the truth of the reality that even when we don’t see it God is still at work in our lives!

The reality is God can work through ALL things which means He is not limited by our human frailties, failings, or frustrations. God is not limited by time and space as we understand it and sometimes we need to be reminded (I need to be reminded) that despite what it may look like, God is still at work. His Spirit is still alive and well and leading and guiding our lives as we seek to follow Jesus even in the midst of what may be some very challenging times!

In this classic story at the beginning of the Bible we are reminded and reassured through the crazy life of Joseph, the gifted son sold into slavery, that God can work it all out for His glory and purposes even when all hope may seem to be lost!

SO if you are facing something today that seems insurmountable let me just remind you that NOTHING is impossible for God and instead of turning inwardly why not reach out to the ONE who is more than capable and more than willing to see you through!

Blessings…

Rev Trev

“Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible’” (Matthew 19:26).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dealing with Discouragement

Over the past few weeks I’ve been engaging a process during these COVID times that I had honestly been avoiding like the plague (sorry for ...