Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Faith is more than belief!

“Then Jesus' mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. 32 A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, “Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you.” 33 “Who are my mother and my brothers?” he asked. 34 Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! 35 Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother.”          ~Mark 3:32-35 NIV

In this simple section of the gospel of Mark… Jesus set out a puzzling statement concerning family and loved ones to many who read this. “Who are my mother and my brothers?” he states to those gathered around him as his earthly mother and brothers stood outside the home where he was. 

THE RESPONSE to his puzzling query... "Whoever does the will of God is a relative of the Son of God!"




Interesting… I think we sometimes get too static in our faith… we get stuck into thinking that believing is enough!  BUT here once again the ONE who came to set us free and to set an example for us reminds us that those who “DO” the will of God in this world are truly His brothers and sisters in the Kingdom of God! 
 
Hmmm… certainly some food for thot!

Rev Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dealing with Discouragement

Over the past few weeks I’ve been engaging a process during these COVID times that I had honestly been avoiding like the plague (sorry for ...